11/03/2010

Movie Review: 2010, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World


Scott Pilgrim vs The World


I have to start by saying that I'm a mayor geek, so with that settled, all I can say is that this movie was every shade of AWESOMENESS there is, I love every bit of geeky and cheesy parts of this movie, I know that this is based on a graphic novel and it really shows, the design the cinematography worked really great with the story which shows the director must have been a big fan of graphic novels himself and not some money maker dude who would forget-about-the-graphic-all-the-way, I will be keeping a tab on Edgar Wright now. (that's the director's name, now that I see his IMDB page I notice that he has done some other nice movies... good to know)

Let's move on to the review itself now, beside the cool graphics I really liked the clothes, that Sharpie t-shirt must be a must for every geek in the world, the music was cool too, that bass battle was epic to me.

About the casting, I must say the hit it right with their choices and I only have one method to review casting, it's very simple, if I can imagine someone else on that role then the casting sucks, on this particular movie, I only imagine two other actors and in minor tiny roles so, that's a very good rating according to my standards. Oh! and Micheal Cera playing a 22 year old... it was kind of a shock, maybe I'm used to see him playing 16 year old losers, it's a nice change for him.

Now about the Ex's, they where the good fun, I personally enjoyed the vegan one, Todd and his mind control power, because the whole theme of being vegan is really funny and I really don't get those people and how can they remember what's vegan and what's not, the one I enjoyed less was probably the girl, because the fact that it meant girl-on-girl action it was nothing more than that, it could've been more interesting, don't you think?.


The fighting was really cool, although it was kind of funny to watch Micheal Cera kick some ass, like I said before the losers part was his thing, but then again I was glad to see that he really can kick asses (please insert happy face here). And an honor mention to the gay roommate, he was funny too.

So to wrap this up and in case you already haven't noticed I loved this movie, it's a good, funny, entertaining and fast by fast I mean not-let-you-look-the-other-way-fast movie, that any geek person in the world would appreciate and probable the not so geeks will too, although I do not see my mom watching this through, she will probably fall sleep between the fights, although she does that with every movie... anyways, good movie to watch with friends or alone, with your favorite snack and nobody to bother you.

PS: Beware of the catchy phrases they could hunt you through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment