10/06/2010

Music Review: 2010, Linkin Park, A Thousand Suns


A Thousand Suns

Just let me say it clear, Linkin Park was one of my favorite bands ever since I ever listened to "Crawling" in fact "Hybrid Theory" was the first CD I've ever collected money to buy back in 2001, so Linkin Park is a BIG DEA
L to me, I even remember the first time I push play on the CD and how the more I heard it the more it grew in me.

So... "A Thousand Suns", I downloaded it because I have no money to pay for it right now (besides my "go to" music store is closed for whatever reason) but I promise I will buy it first chance I get (maybe I'll get if as a Christmas present) and I have all their albums so I may as well complete the collection.

Now to review it, (actually more like "first Impressions") I must start by
saying that this is totally different from what they have done before, it's almost a experimental (in the concept art category maybe?) sound and I say almost, because I think that by the time I play this for the 5th or 6th time I would totally think this totally normal for Linkin Park, so may as well state that for future reference (first impressions tend to change, especially with me).


So far, the 8 tracks I've heard are kind of the same, I mean, they are connected in a way that I can't really tell when one track finishes and the other starts, not that this is bad, they kinda do this in their albums, but this time the songs have kinda the same "undertone", sort of melodic and dark, nothing really hype, like "Bleed it out" or "Runaway" or "Faint", which by the way, these 3 songs are the more like powerful and aggressive to me and they are all the number 7 of their respective album, funny right? (maybe it is intended) anyways I'll wait to see if this changes or not, I'll be back later.

So, I've listened to the whole album now, it totally changes, the second half of it it's more of what I'm used to hear from them, "Wretches and Kings" is really cool and must be awesome live, also it is totally more easy to tell the end of one song and the start of the other, so there it is, I really think they'll get mixed reviews on this one, but I'm cool with it, like I said, you can divide this in two the more experimental part and the more normal part or whatever you wanna call it, I don't want to think that this is kinda of a tendency (to go experimental) but they are kind of influenced by war and human nature so it is kinda natural that they would do this, personally I liked the album, but I don't think that it is my favorite (which is a mix between Hybrid Theory and Minutes to Midnight).

About rating?, I'm not much of a grade girl, so let's say that if your a fan, you can be a fan of this one, but if you just stumble upon this you may not get it yet, "yet" being important.


PS: I'm so totally bumped that they will be playing near me but I don't have the money to go!!!!! and with good reason the tickets are insanely pricey!!!

10-09-2010 Update! in the end I went to see them live, it was great! a real show I mean I was with people that didn't honestly like Linkin Park but they all had the same opinion, "It was a great show" personally I enjoyed every song and I was very glad that I got the chance to go (half-price tickets!!!) definitely my favorites were Given Up from the older albums and from the new one Wretches and Kings. It was soooooo cool I'm still all hyper about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment