7/27/2010

Movie Review: 2009, Adam


Adam

This is the story of a young man, who has Asperger's Syndrome, which is a kind of autism, and basically makes it difficult to them to socialize with other people, like for example they don't understand sarcasm, they take it literally so imagine how hard it must be to not tell the difference between a joke and a real statement.

Anyway, this movie in particular tell the story of Adam and Beth who moves to the same building, she face the awkwardness of a relationship with someone with Asperger's Syndrome, some of you may be interested in Adam as a character, but me (having some problems with social activities myself) found very interesting they way she took the situation, so I wander, what would a viewer with Asperger's thinks about this movie?, I think they would be very emphatic about Adam, Hugh Dancy really does a good job, but I think it would be a perfect job if he didn't take Adam to such an extreme... sometimes I found his face expressions to be like too much, but maybe they were going for that kind of thing, I don't know this is the first movie I've seen from this particular writer/director.

So, to wrap this up, thumbs up to Rose Byrne
she was awesome as Beth, it's a good movie for a cold winter weekend, to make you think about the problems the people of Asperger's Syndrome have everyday and that a normal person take for granted. (Sorry about grammar, didn't checked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment