4/12/2011

Movie Review: 2010, Welcome to The Riley's







I'd like to star this post by saying that this movie was a total surprise to me, but in a good way, I watched it out of boredom (and partly because I was waiting for the new episode of American Idol). So that being said, lets talk about the story, it's a very simple but increasingly deep kind of story, we have this couple Doug and his wife, they are having a though time, because the death of their daughter keeps hunting them, actually they are having 8 years of bad time, so Doug while at a work convention, meets Mallory, a runaway teen that lives like a Stripper/Prostitute, Doug starts to take care of her and asking no compensation or retribution, that's when the story really develops and this is were the surprise is to me.

In terms of acting, I must say that is was really good, Kirsten's corky demeanor really suited the rol, and what can I say of James and Melissa, they were right on the zone, I really enjoyed Melissa's performance more than anyone else's, because she was the most believable out of all these freakishly weird characters, she did her part effortleslly and with such a dept to it that it is one of the reasons why I enjoyed so much this movie.

In terms of directing I have to say that it could have been better and I'm going to leave it at that, I don't really wan to spoil it, so if you can watch it, and hopefully you'll be surprised to.

As for the perfect audience, maybe families with teenage kids, because it has a lot of trusting issues, and questions about what a family is and caring and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment